The suggestion I took today from Noah Scalin’s “365: A Daily Creativity Journal” was to write a 10 word sci-fi story. A quickie due to another long day, it is sadly not illustrated. I’m also including alternatives…. which more than doubled in number as I wrote this.
My fave first:
1) Abducted cat travels in spaceships, witnessing miracles, watching C-beams glitter.
(This references a quote from the movie Blade Runner. Batty (Rutger Hauer): “I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time… like tears in rain… Time to die.”)
2) Aliens abduct cat. Impressed, they keep & begin cat cult.
(Yea, this one doesn’t quite work with only 10 words.)
3) House cat abducted by aliens. They never return her home.
(This also doesn’t quite work… the next explains a little better what I was thinking.)
4) Aliens abduct cat. Tests reveal perfect species. Feline worship initiates.
(“Initiates” – such a sciencey word.)
5) House cat abducted by aliens. Travels and sees amazing galaxies.
6) Spaceship cat joyfully kills small, lizard-like rodents in distant galaxies.
(Is “lizard-like” really a single word?)
7) Feline mind control pushed society to deplete all tuna resources.
(Hmmm, doesn’t really convey that the cats eat it all.)
8) Daikaiju [giant monster] “Mittens” successfully battles Godzilla in Tokyo, saving all humanity.
9) New technology produces collar capable of making a cat invisible.
10) Invisible cat with high-tech collar, walks unimpeded on kitchen counters.
(This is what I think our cats would do…. well, they kinda do it already.)
11) Invisible cat with high-tech collar, escapes outside for daily adventures.
(Another desire our cats have.)
12) Invisible cat with high-tech collar, pounces on sleeping, unsuspecting dogs.
(Some cats would love this. Probably not ours.)
13) Invisible cat with high-tech collar, catches dozens of surprised mice.
14) Cats lived 10^9th lives once nano-tech was adapted for them.
OMG, I must stop & get to bed. That is too much fun! G’night all!