This gallery contains 6 photos.
Day before Thanksgiving and my family is gathering, painting the old Halloween pumpkins. Of course I have to put an unrelated cat in my design. He’s grateful for mice. And here are some of the other pumpkins: Happy Thanksgiving, people of the US! Advertisements
This gallery contains 2 photos.
Today’s cat was painted during a workshop for my work place. The assignment was to paint 1) one primary color that represents me 2) a second primary color near it that represents my coworkers 3) bring my color into the team color with strokes that represent my influence on them 4) use the third primary …
This gallery contains 3 photos.
“Make something that seems like it came from another era in history.” – Noah Scalin, 365: A Daily Creativity Journal Before starting… If it was nice out, I would have repeated the painting on a different rock – I’m happy with the horse, but not the lion. He’s too chubby and not quite positioned right. …
This gallery contains 5 photos.
Today’s cat was based on a suggestion from Noah Scalin’s “365: A Daily Creativity Journal” to make something using only numbers. I had several other number ideas sketched out. I was thinking of getting those plastic number magnets kids put on refrigerators from a thrift store, but I didn’t have the time today. I also planned …
The suggestion I took today from Noah Scalin’s “365: A Daily Creativity Journal” was to write a 10 word sci-fi story. A quickie due to another long day, it is sadly not illustrated. I’m also including alternatives…. which more than doubled in number as I wrote this.
My fave first:
1) Abducted cat travels in spaceships, witnessing miracles, watching C-beams glitter.
(This references a quote from the movie Blade Runner. Batty (Rutger Hauer): “I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time… like tears in rain… Time to die.”)
2) Aliens abduct cat. Impressed, they keep & begin cat cult.
(Yea, this one doesn’t quite work with only 10 words.)
3) House cat abducted by aliens. They never return her home.
(This also doesn’t quite work… the next explains a little better what I was thinking.)
4) Aliens abduct cat. Tests reveal perfect species. Feline worship initiates.
(“Initiates” – such a sciencey word.)
5) House cat abducted by aliens. Travels and sees amazing galaxies.
6) Spaceship cat joyfully kills small, lizard-like rodents in distant galaxies.
(Is “lizard-like” really a single word?)
7) Feline mind control pushed society to deplete all tuna resources.
(Hmmm, doesn’t really convey that the cats eat it all.)
8) Daikaiju [giant monster] “Mittens” successfully battles Godzilla in Tokyo, saving all humanity.
9) New technology produces collar capable of making a cat invisible.
10) Invisible cat with high-tech collar, walks unimpeded on kitchen counters.
(This is what I think our cats would do…. well, they kinda do it already.)
11) Invisible cat with high-tech collar, escapes outside for daily adventures.
(Another desire our cats have.)
12) Invisible cat with high-tech collar, pounces on sleeping, unsuspecting dogs.
(Some cats would love this. Probably not ours.)
13) Invisible cat with high-tech collar, catches dozens of surprised mice.
14) Cats lived 10^9th lives once nano-tech was adapted for them.
OMG, I must stop & get to bed. That is too much fun! G’night all!
This gallery contains 1 photo.
Home from work late. Miss the practice of a daily cat. Even silly ones. And what to my wondering eyes does appear? A bowl of candy and nuts we got for Christmas… and a cat was born. (I have to admit the swirls in the candy made me think of the Cheshire cat, hence the …
This gallery contains 4 photos.
Spent 12 hours today prepping and painting my new office/studio. I have missed working in quick cats while longer projects are underway in the background. So, speedy cats made out of primer and paint today. Silly and light and fun. And now they are gone and the walls solid color. And between layers of drying …