Final version finally. I like the bright pink against the green. It took a long time to sew the pink letters to their white background with pink thread with tiny stitches. I used 3 strands of my 6 strand embroidery thread to sew the white letter background onto the green and white cat. Going through 3 layers of the iron-on adhesive plus the sweatshirt with the embroidery needle was tough on my fingertips, but somehow I made it. ;)
Some projects take days of research and many trips to the local craft store, and this was one of them. I know nothing about sewing, but I had so much fun doing this! I had to keep going to the store for different color quilting squares (I didn’t even know they existed a couple of weeks ago), different threads, iron-on adhesive (also new to me), a new sweatshirt. I made the decision to use an old sweatshirt because this is kind of a test run. I might actually wear it more often now. And I looked at lots of images to see what I liked, read about how to apply appliqués, watched videos on how to hand stitch. I’m proud to say that’s a back stitch there, folks. Only proud because I didn’t know what a back stitch was few days ago either. This isn’t finished yet, but I think it qualifies as a cat. :)
And I have to give credit for the inspiration to another 365’er, Sanne who is doing a heart-a-day project.
Thanks for visiting!