Today’s assignment did not inspire a finished project image in my head from the beginning. So I started by making a few folds in a piece of paper, deciding that wouldn’t work easily for me. I am no mathematical origami genius (although that would be super cool!). I’m more of a mushing-things-around kinda girl. So I took another piece of paper, ran it under the sink water and started with the kitty’s nose and worked my way back. He kinda came to life as I went. My first attempt looked like a little dachsund with tiny legs. I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t qualify as a cat. This is my second attempt. I am (at the moment – check in with me in a week or so) quite happy with him. I did a second wet paper sculpture of a kitty face, but it was rather unrecognizable as a cat or really anything else. So, little jaunty kitty made it as today’s finished project.
My other big challenge related accomplishment (and learning exercise) for the day, was setting up this blog. It will change and morph and develop as I go along, but this was actually quite easy (once I calmed down enough to actually read the directions).